Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sweetsalt Food Shop

I think its time to write about one of my favorite lunch places, Sweetsalt Food Shop in Talouca Lake, California.  I was introduced to this place by my friend Natalia and have been going there regularly ever since.  In the short time this little gem on Riverside has been open it has become quite popular.  What is so good about it? Why do people line up around the corner at lunchtime to get a sandwich, soup or a salad?  One reason... BECAUSE ITS GOOD!  I know that is a simple description but I don't know how else to describe it.

Sweetsalt is owned by Top Chef Season 5 contestant Alex Eusebio and his wife Sara.  Together they have made a menu where everything is delicious!!!  Let's start with the gourmet sandwiches... I have tried almost everything at this point, my favorites are; The Spicy Buffalo Chicken Ciabatta, The Shrimp Po Boy and The Lavender Duck Confit.  As far as salads go, I LOVE The Hearts Of Palm Salad!!!  Rounding out the menu are the soups which are unique and amazing.  Yesterday I had the Tomato Bisque, but I also tried the Ginger Broccoli which also had the most amazing taste.

Everything is made with the freshest ingredients and plated very nicely.  I really like how nothing is "the usual".  Each dish has a very interesting combination of ingredients that make you feel that you are having a culinary treat or eating something made on a Food Network show.  While I'm sure the dishes are more calories than you think, they are seemingly healthy because of how they are made.  Nothing that tastes so good can be low in calories...ha!

My one recommendation about this place is not about what to order... but to get there early.  Lunch is packed and there is very limited seating.  If my friends and I at the office decide we want to go to Sweetsalt we plan early in the day to go to an early lunch.  We usually leave around 11:30AM.  By 12:15 they are slammed!

I think crowds are a good thing if you are not in a rush.  The crowds prove my point that this place is REALLY GOOD and one of the best lunches int he Talouca Lake/Burbank studio  area!

check out their website at www.sweetsaltfood.com

10218 Riverside Drive
Toluca Lake, CA 91602-2502
(818) 509-7790

No comments:

Post a Comment